Pages

Monday, July 1, 2024

Full Circle


NEARLY 20 years ago, I began my "blogging journey" here on the Google Blogger platform. Back then, blogging was relatively new, and the idea was to publish short, punchy statements as frequently as possible (at least daily). I never got the message. My blog has always been more like a journal, which started out with some modest tutorials on digital photography and grew from there. In early 2008, I transitioned the blog over to Wordpress.com, at the time because I was able to design the site more to my liking. Two years or so back, I started a second blog: "I am A Celebrity," dedicated to our cruising adventures. That blog has always been hosted here at Blogger, and for that reason as well as some other logistic reasons (I don't want to throw anyone under the bus - both have been generous with their free hosting platforms), I now consider Blogger the more "welcoming" host for my needs. Consequently, I have transitioned LightCentricPhotograpy Blog back here  "I'm baaaaack!" 😀

AS ALWAYS, "new" means it will be to some extent, a work in progress," so don't be suprised at tweaks as time goes on - and if you have any suggestions, I am always open to listen. I have tried to maintain my basic design and color scheme through the 2-3 theme iterations I have gone through over those years. I am not a coder, and I am too old, lazy and frustrated to try to learn it at this point in life, so I mainly work with the ready-made templates provided by Google. This means that even though some features might be desirable, I might not be able to do them with the tools available. Unfortunately, one of the things I have been unable to figure out is how to migrate followers, so if you followed the old blog, you may need to do that again. My plan is to make my first substantive post this weekend. It is always an adventure.

FOR SURE, I appreciate those of you who have followed, commented and made suggestions. It is pretty amazing to think I have been doing this for 20 years!

3 comments:

  1. As the old song goes "And wherever he will go, I will follow him". Hope the new site works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to tag along!

    ReplyDelete